Karl G. Maeser

"I have been asked what i mean by 'word of honor'. I will tell you: Place me behind prison walls-walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground-there is a possibility that in some way or another i might be able to escape; But stand me on the floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give MY WORD OF HONOR never to cross it Can i get out of that circle? No, never I'd die first
-KARL G. MAESER


What this quot means is that its trying to say to keep your promise and to never break it. If you keep your word of honor people will gain trust in you. And they will tell you things that they cant tell no one. If someone tells you a secret they ask promise not to tell anyone. Once they tell you you cant go around telling people the secret that the person telling you otherwise that's not keeping your word on not to tell anyone. In other words if you dont keep your word no one will be able to trust in you, no one will tell you anything all because you didnt keep yur word.
Image result for karl g maeser quote

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Right is right only when entire

character matters most

Pathologist